If you are unhappy with the way your smile looks, you may be considering cosmetic dental treatment to improve the look of your teeth. There are a wide range of cosmetic treatments available at our practice, with something to suit every patient’s needs and budget. For patients who are interested in cosmetic dentistry but are not sure which treatment best suits their needs, we provide smile makeovers.
Smile makeovers make use of the latest technology to assess your smile and work out which treatments will work best to give you the smile of your dreams.
You may be looking for a quick brightness boost in preparation for a special occasion such as a wedding or important business meeting, in which case tooth whitening may give you the smile you’ve always wanted. Alternatively, if your teeth are gappy, crooked or cracked, we may recommend porcelain veneers, composite bonding or discreet orthodontic treatment.
Once we’ve established what you want to achieve, we’ll use photographs, x-rays and in some cases models to show you what we can do, and discuss the best treatments for your individual case.
Here’s how it works:
1) You’ll book a Cosmetic Consultation
2) You’ll visit the practice and discuss with our experienced cosmetic dentist what makes you unhappy about your smile, and what you want to achieve.
3) Your dentist will take photographs and x-rays as necessary, and will show them to you straight away.
4) They will discuss the various options available to achieve the results you want, and will show you what to expect from various treatment options.
5) Once you’ve agreed on your treatment, we will then provide you with a detailed treatment plan. In some cases it is possible to start treatment straight away.
You can see how your new smile will look before you start treatment.
You’ll be able to choose the best treatment for your individual wants and needs.
The result will be a healthy, beautiful smile that will make you smile with confidence.
Composite bonding is an increasingly popular cosmetic dental treatment that is used to improve the shape, colour and overall appearance of patients’ teeth. It uses the same resin material used for white fillings and is most frequently used on the front teeth – those that show when you smile.
There have been huge advances in the materials used in bonding dentistry in recent years, meaning composite bonding can be used for disguising minor imperfections in the front teeth, closing small gaps and hiding minor tooth rotations, with no damage to your teeth.
Composite bonding is a pain-free experience that requires, in most cases, just one visit to the practice. Your dentist will be able to choose a shade of resin that closely matches the colour of your teeth, meaning that the results will look entirely natural.
This is how the treatment works:
1) Your dentist picks a shade of resin that matches the natural colour of your teeth.
2) The resin is carefully applied to your teeth, with no need for any work or damage to them.
3) Your dentist then carefully shapes and smooths the resin to hide any imperfections, for a result that looks entirely natural.
4) Once the resin has been shaped, it is hardened very quickly with the help of a special light.
Although composite bonding treatment does not last as long as veneers, many patients find the treatment is highly cost-effective. It can also be repeated with no damage at all to your teeth.
A natural, healthy smile that you are proud to show off.
No preparation of your teeth is required, meaning they remain strong.
Treatment can usually be completed in one short visit to the practice.