As dental professionals we believe in preventative dental care and encourage our patients to bring their children to the practice from an early age. Regular check-ups from a young age will ensure children don’t suffer from untreated dental decay with devastating effects to their growing dentition.
There are several preventative treatments that our team can provide for children:
- Oral Hygiene Education with one of our dental hygienists to make sure both you and your child are looking after their teeth in the correct way.
- Fluoride applications are a safe and effective way to safeguard your child’s growing teeth from developing decay. The fluoride is painted onto the surface of the teeth, helping to mineralise them.
- Tooth-coloured fissure sealants are applied to the biting surfaces of children's teeth to prevent decay.
- Studies have shown that the younger your child is when attending their first dental appointment, even if just for a check-up, the more likely they are to have a positive experience and to grow up enjoying a trip to the dentist. Our team will take special care of your child to make them feel safe and cared for.
- Treating a child from a young age also allows the dentist to spot early signs of underbites, cross bites or overbites developing. As with most dental problems, the sooner you can start to treat it, the quicker it can be resolved.
Prevention is always better than cure, so call the practice today to make an appointment for your child.
- Healthy teeth and gums for life.
- Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and reduced need for fillings.
- No fears or phobias of the dentist.
*Please be aware that until the age of 16 we require a parent present at your Child's appointment, if a secondary caregiver is attending then we require written consent from the main (primary) caregiver to consent to all treatment, even if it is just an examination with the dentist.