Have you lost all or some of your natural teeth? Bridges, dentures and flexible dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry. Have you heard of dental implants? Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence.
A LONG TERM SOLUTION FOR MISSING TEETH
This is how they work:
1) Dental implants are small metal screws that are placed in the jaw in place of a missing tooth.
2) Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
How do I get an implant if I am a patient at South Lane Dental?
1) Ask you dentist about implants, they will discuss your suitability and take a Full Mouth X-ray to send with the referral. We refer to an exceptionally highly regarded Dental Clinic with over 25 years’ experience of placing implants.
2) You will then be contacted by the implant centre who will invite you in for a consultation. This consultation is usually 1 hour. At this consultation they will chat through the stages of implant treatment, complete an examination of your mouth and the area you are considering treatment. They will then discuss all options available to you.
3) Our referral clinic will then send a full treatment plan outline what has been discussed at your appointment. We will also receive a copy of this treatment plan.
4) All implant surgery will take place at our referral clinic, the restoration (crowns, bridges and dentures) process takes place at South Lane Dental.
5) You will receive regular reviews throughout the implant surgery and once the surgery and restoration are completed you will receive a complimentary review at the referral clinic one year later.
When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a ‘sunken’ look.
Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.
A referral partnership which ensures the smoothest possible journey for you.