Have you lost one, some or all of your natural teeth? Bridges and dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry.
Have you heard of dental implants? Dental Implants are the best long-term solution to missing teeth for most people. They are a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence.
A LONG-TERM SOLUTION FOR MISSING TEETH
This is how they work:
- Dental implants are a titanium replacement for your natural tooth root.
- Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
How do I get an implant at South Lane Dental?
- Take the first step and discuss your interest in implants with your dentist.
- Book an implant consultation with our experienced Implant Surgeon, Pedro Neto, who will discuss your suitability for implants and the options available to you.
At the Consultation
- Usually digital x-rays and colour photographs are taken, and a thorough clinical dental assessment performed.
- It may be that you require need a tooth removing before treatment, or you may have some bone loss or gum shrinkage due to teeth lost previously.
- Whatever your dental situation, Pedro will answer any questions and advise you on the best solution for you, taking your health, cosmetic and financial requirements into consideration.
Once the consultation has taken place, the treatment that has been discussed you will be sent a personal treatment plan which will detail all the stages and costs.
There are also payment options available which can be discussed in greater detail with our Clinical Manager, Karla, if required.
At the Consultation
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw-bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
- Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a ‘sunken’ look.
- Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
- Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.