There is a solution to having straighter teeth without having to wear metal braces. Known as invisible orthodontics, this type of treatment offers you the choice of wearing a clear and sometimes removable appliance while straightening and aligning your teeth.
The technology behind invisible orthodontics is highly advanced and often gives patients a much shorter treatment time, depending on their individual cases. It is important to remember that straighter teeth are healthier teeth. When your bite is properly aligned and your teeth are straightened, there are less gaps and areas for food to get trapped and plaque to build up on the teeth, causing decay. In that sense, invisible orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign treatment process is straightforward:
- Initial photos will be taken on the Invisalign app to see if you are eligible for treatment.
- If eligible, x rays and impressions of your teeth will be taken.
- Before treatment starts these records will be used to create a ClinCheck 3D treatment plan just for you. This process means you can see in advance how straight and beautiful your teeth will look once you’ve completed orthodontic treatment.
- Once approved, you will receive a series of custom made aligners to wear everyday and change at home – on average every 1-2 weeks.
- You’ll visit your provider every 6-8 weeks to monitor progress and receive new aligners.
- After treatment retention is an essential part of orthodontic treatment. This can be a very thin wire behind the upper and lower teeth or with a removable aligner worn at night similar to an aligner.
- The removable aligner will include the option to be able to whiten the teeth free of charge.
The Advantages of Invisalign Treatment
- Invisalign aligners are removable, so it is easier to clean your teeth and maintain your oral health during treatment. With removable devices you can also take them out to eat or for special occasions, so they fit around your lifestyle.
- Invisalign treatment may give you visible results from as early as the first month of treatment. Even better, most people won’t know you’re going through treatment when you’re wearing Invisalign clear aligners because they are virtually invisible!
- Increased comfort during treatment as there are no metal wires or brackets to irritate your mouth.
Have you ever wondered how your teeth could look after the treatment?
Try our Smile View and see a simulation of your new smile in 60 seconds!